Why we're going to war:
- because we can
- so Bush the Younger is a shoo-in for a second term (and perhaps a third?)
- Wag the Dog?
- we are the only bullies left since the USSR dissolved
- to grab control of the oil supplies (who do you think that will benefit
- so Bush the Younger can wear one of those commander in chief hats
- to distract attention from Reagan's (another Republican) screwed up economy
- nobody can kick sand in Charles Atlas' face and get away with it
- all of the above
- none of the above
Why not Saudi Arabia?
After all, most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi
Should we intervene in another country and perhaps
assassinate their leader?
Sure. We reinstated the Shah in Iran after he was deposed by a democratic government
(Mossadeg). We intervened in the Philippines after WWII to install ?. We overthrew
governments in Guatemala, Nicaragua. We interfered in Chile, Haiti, Cuba, China,
So why not Iraq?