STEP PROGRAM FOR SOCIOPATHS
(Twelve steps, modeled after AA, definitely without
We admit that we are powerless over our character flaw - that our lives have become unmanageable -- we like it that
- We have come to believe that a Power greater than ourselves
could restore us to sanity -- but we don't care.
- We have made a decision to turn our will and our lives
over to the care of God or Society, as we understand Him/Her/Them
-- if we trusted them more than we trusted our own judgement and
- We have made a searching and fearless moral inventory
of ourselves -- and have found nothing wrong.
- We have admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another
human being(?) the exact nature of our wrongs -- perfection.
- We are entirely ready to have God remove all of these
defects of character -- (assuming he put them there in the first
- We humbly [sic] ask Him to remove our shortcomings
-- easy job, since there are few.
- We have made a list of all persons we have harmed,
and became willing to make amends to them all -- by getting out
of their lives.
- We will make direct amends to such people wherever
possible, except when to do so would injure them or others -- (see
- We will continue to take personal inventory and when
we are wrong promptly admit it -- however, other people will surely
take on this responsiblity for us.
- We have sought through prayer and meditation to improve
our conscious contact with God as we understand Him, praying only
for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out -- daddy replacement?
- Having had this spiritual awakening as a result of these
Steps, we will carry this message to other Sociopaths, and to practice
these principles in all our affairs. (see also sex addicts anonymous)
© Hypocrisy Today